Tripartism in Action: Uplifting Workers through the Progressive Wage Model
On 6 April 2023, a Tripartite Collective Dialogue titled "Tripartism in action: Uplifting workers through the Progressive Wage Model" was organised by NUS's Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP). CEO Mr Oh Bee Lock represented SLA to attend the dialogue and gained insights into the history and policy considerations of PWM development and features interviews from past and present tripartite leaders involved.
The event consists of panel discussions on the role of tripartism in the development of the Progressive Wage Model (PWM) with distinguished guest speakers who shared different perspectives of Singapore's unique tripartite model in the last decade and provided insights on how it helped to increase wages of workers through upgrading skills and improving productivity.
- Mr Stephen Lee, President, SNEF (1988 to 2014)
- Mr Lim Swee Say, Minister for Manpower (2015 to 2018) & Secretary-General of NTUC (2007 to 2015)
- Mr Zainal Sapari, Assistant Director-General, NTUC (2011 to present) & Advisor, PWM Implementation, Former Chairman of Tripartite Cluster for Cleaners, Landscape Industry, Lift and Escalator Industry
- Mr Felix Loh, CEO of Gardens by the Bay (2018 to present) & Co-Chair of Tripartite Cluster for Waste Management (2021 to present)
- Associate Professor Terence Ho, LKYSPP